"if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does"

It's a fair amount.....for a show off.

Ronaldo is ready to show off (yet again) on Monday night when he gets the Prima dona treatment from Real Madrid as he is unveiled at the Bernabeu.
It took an astronomical fee, and a little 'tapping up' session last year to convince Ronaldo and Man UTD on a deal in which Madrid have received much criticism for spending so much money on one player.
But Ronaldo believes that the price tag is justifiable, and that he can live up to it.

He said: "It's a fair figure. If Manchester United and Real Madrid agree this amount, then there is nothing more to say.
"The great players cost a lot of money and if you want them you have to pay it. I'm happy to be the most expensive player in the world.
"I respect everyone's opinions but If Real Madrid have paid so much money, it's because they wanted me and have considered it a fair price.
"I'm going to try to do everything to play very well and I will show that the money they are paying for me has been a good decision."


Madrid have already presented Kaka and Raul Albiol following their moves from AC Milan and Valencia, while Lyon striker Karim Benzema is close to completing his switch to Madrid as Real's spending spree rapidly approaches the £200m mark.

Last season it was hard for Madrid, having to watch their fierce rivals Barcelona do the treble, Spanish League title, Copa Del Rey, and the Champions League, and not once in the last 5 years have Madrid broke into the last 16 of the Champions League. And with the Champions League final being held at the Bernabeu, Perez would want to be in the final in front of home fans. Everyone's eyes will be focused on Ronaldo to take his team there.


He said: "I've been used to having pressure for a long time - in this sense, I'm calm.
"This price tag isn't something I'm going to think about when I go out on to the pitch, so it's not going to affect me.
"I know that they are going to demand a lot of me to be successful at the club and I know that I'm going to have much more pressure than at Manchester United, because I was there for many years. But it means a new challenge and is going to help me be the best footballer.
"As well as that, Spain is a different league - with different players, a different club - and this is going to motivate me to continue working hard and winning things."
Ronaldo revealed that United boss Alex Ferguson will always hold a special place in his heart.
Ron added: "He's been my father in sport, one of the most important factors and most influential in my career.


"I have to thank him for all that he taught me. He's been fundamental.
"I'll always have great affection for him and he will occupy a special place in my heart."
Ronaldo explained why his move to Real did not go ahead last summer despite fevered speculation.
He said: "All the big players have to live with speculation. Last summer a lot of things were written, but life is like that. Simply, I decided to wait a season more and I think that I took the correct decision."
He admitted it came as a relief when the move was finally confirmed. "It was an indescribable feeling. Honestly, I felt very relieved. Things had finally been resolved and I was very happy, because everybody knew that I wanted to play at Real Madrid.
"When I signed for Manchester United, I was eager to play there for their history and for all the titles that they'd won.
"But I also hoped to some day play at Real Madrid, because they've always had great players. Now, I can say that I have fulfilled a dream to be part of the two best clubs in the world."


On Tuesday, Kaka (The Traitor) was paraded at the Bernabeu in front of around 55,000 fans, but it is said to be dwarfed because on Monday night Ronaldo is to be unveiled and every seat in the stadium is expected to be filled.

Ronaldo said: "It will be a very special day for my family, my friends and for me. I only hope that things go well. I hope I can experience a day as nice as Kaka did.
"To have 40,000, 50,000 or 60,000 people at your presentation is something incredible and special. I know that it's going to be a great moment in my life."


Sorry Ronaldo, you will never convince me that this deal was not about the fame and money, because you were adored by 70,000 fans every time you played at Old Trafford, and even when you had a big part of getting Wayne Rooney sent off in the 2006 World Cup, the fans forgave you.
So to say that it is special to have 60,000 people show up just to see you, you already had that, AND you were winning something almost every year with Sir Alex, i don't think it's going to happen at Madrid for you. I'm not sad to see you leave UTD, they will be better off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment