"if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does"

Sunderland may sign Crouch.

Portsmouth treetop forward Peter Crouch are in talks with Sunderland after Portsmouth agreed to a £12m offer.Crouch, 28, is also a target for Roy Hodgson, cash from another deal for Fulham, Zamora to Hull City for £5m, could help to buy Crouch, and Crouch may want to move to Craven Cottage because of changes that have happened at Portsmouth. But Sunderland are more likely to sign the England international.

Sunderland manager Bruce said: "He is a player I have admired for a very long time."
The Black Cats' boss refused to be drawn further on the deal, saying: "We hope we can try to put something together because he would be the type of player of course that would signal our intention of the way we want to take the football club forward."
Asked directly if a fee had been agreed, Bruce said: "I don't understand that just yet, but I have just come off the training ground.
"I haven't been told anything to the contrary. I will be getting back to work in the next couple of hours and we'll see. I know discussions at high levels were going on late last night, so we'll see and I'll be able to tell you more in the next 24 hours."


Now, i understand that you can't always get what you want, but doesn't it seem like Crouch is going down int he Prem world, Liverpool to Portsmouth to Sunderland. I'm not saying that Portsmouth are any better than Sunderland, i'm going by Prem status.
Crouch became an overnight sensation when he signed for Liverpool from Portsmouth, 1. because Rafa bought an Englishman, and 2. out of all the forwards he could have bought...Crouch? I guess only Rafa the Gaffa knows why. It seemed to me that Crouch was another Rafa miss-buy.
But, i think he will do better this coming season than he did at Liverpool. Once again, too many 'stars' does the club no good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment