"if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does"

Beckham plans to "talk" to "unprofessional" Donovan.

David Beckham said he plans to talk to LA Galaxy team mate Landon Donovan over the comments of that Beckham has lost his way, and questioned his commitment to the MLS outfit, and that as captain of the side should do more for the club because he earns more than the other players.



Landon said "I don't apologize for what I said," Donovan told the LA Galaxy website. "I just apologize for the way I did it.

"I should have told him to his face. I've long told David since he's been gone and I've been gone that I want to sit down and talk with him about everything.
"It's fresh in everyone's minds now, and it appears like everything has gone on in a short period of time, but this has been a long time coming.
"The timing of it makes it a little awkward and seemingly uncomfortable, but we'll be fine. We'll get through it."
He added: "We all like David. I like David as a person and I think he's a very good player.
"The frustrating part was at some point something happened and he seemingly turned off at the end of the year.
"Nobody knows what it was, and my fault is I should have asked him and approached him and I didn't.
"Instead I vented to a reporter and I regret it."

Beckham, as 'professional' as he is, had this to say.

"It is unprofessional in my eyes,"In 17 years, I have played with the biggest teams in the world and the biggest players and not once been criticized for my professionalism." In every football player's eyes throughout the world it would be unprofessional to speak out about a team-mate, especially in the press and not to your face. But I'm going to turn it on a positive spin because that's what this needs."
"I'm personally very professional when I am on the field," said Beckham, who has endured a tough time with a Galaxy side that failed to reach the play-offs at the end of his first season and parted company with manager Ruud Gullit.
"I don't care what people say about me off the field, once I'm on the field I'm professional and if there is a chance for him to score, I will be giving him the ball.
"Me and Landon will talk, but that will be a private conversation."


So why does it have to be a private affair, it should be in the manager's office, with the owner and talk about it that way. I think the comments made by Donovan should've been to Beckham's face, although i think he would've cried, and for once i think Beckham is right.
Bruce is going to have his hands full with these pair, on one side you have the overpaid under worked cry baby, and on the other side you have the the overworked underpaid
balding baby. Both good players, they just need to sort this shit out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment